Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trust Issues?

With so many dishonest jewelers in the world today, it's hard for consumers to enter a jewelry store and not feel like they are in a used car dealership. So often we have customers who are uneasy about letting someone work on their loved pieces without watching every step, or young couples with no knowledge into the diamond business get caught up in what seems like a "great deal". I was recently talking about my frustrations with the lack of general public jewelry knowledge with my friend the other day as we drove to Salt Lake. She and her husband got her ring at a jewelry store at the mall, and were ripped off (I looked at it and it looked like a (K) in color when they were told it was an (E). Yikes!). She kept saying how she wished she had known all of the things that I've told her about diamonds when she bought hers. 
That's one of the things that is so great about working at Bellistons. I actually can feel confident that I am selling something that I believe in. One of the things Dean was telling me recently was that we need to get our name out into the public. People who listen to the radio know the Shane Co. ad by heart (unfortunately we have to hear it from Mr. Shane himself who is very monotone and unexcited). So without spending bajillions of dollars on radio ads, we are finding new ways to tell people about us!
For past and present customers, come in and pick up a few referral cards! You could earn hundreds of $$$ for store credit!

No comments:

Post a Comment